About Mrs Poulter

Hello,

Welcome to Mrs Poulter’s Blog.  To learn a little about me, click on the short movie, ‘All About Me’.

On the 1st of January, 2001, my life changed when I became a mother for the first time.  Two more children later my life became even busier but more rewarding.   During this time my priorities and career choices also underwent a change with the decision to begin a Bachelor of Education (Primary). All of this however would not be possible without the support of many people including my husband, parents and of course, my children.

It was a huge step to begin a degree which at times was, and still is overwhelming, challenging and draining but the positives outshine the negatives. In 18 months time I will be a teacher who recognises the importance of teaching the ‘whole child’.  Not only will I be aiming to support a child’s cognitive development, I will also be focusing on their physical, social, and emotional growth while hoping to encourage their love of life long learning.

This blog forms part of the requirements for the subject EDC3100 (ICT and Pedagogy) and will document my progress throughout the course. As a novice ICT user, there is a lot for me to learn. Not only will you be witness to my achievements, you may also read about my failures.   Failures however are learning experiences.   I hope your enjoy reading my blog.

Michelle

Some  unimportant things you may not know about me.

• I have webbed toes
  • My dream holiday would be to follow the paths of Australian outback explorers
  • I love riding motorcross although it hurts more when you are older
  • I have been told I have a strong punch (boxercise)
  • I am not a good cook
  • I backpacked and worked my way around Australia for many years
  • I worked as a Jillaroo in Northern Queensland

3 thoughts on “About Mrs Poulter

1. What a great intro! I learnt a lot about you from this page on your blog. Thanks for being open and honest. I too, am making plenty of mistakes and learning every day. As you said, that is the way we learn, and I am learning a lot through lots of mistakes. Would love you to look at my blog sometime 🙂
    http://tech2students.edublogs.org
    All the best,
    Michelle

2. Pingback: My classroom blog

3. Pingback: Classroom blog