Puppet Pals app

Have you ever wanted your students to create a story, then take them a step further to create a story with animation and sound? Puppets Pals in an option to consider if you have and iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

I came across Puppet Pals in my EDC3100 ICT and Pedagogy course and thought I should explore how it works. You simply pick out your actors and backdrops, drag them on to the stage, and tap record. Your movements and audio will be recorded in real time for playback later. This app looks like one that would engage students, especially the boys.
The templates include a pirate scene on the high seas, fighting as scary monsters or being part of a Wild West scene.  Let your students imagination take them there.

The blog, Adventures in Learning, gives a detailed and more thorough explanation as they have used it with their students with great results. They offer examples of what a finished product would look like.  This is one app that I will try with my students if given the chance.

References:
Puppet Pals [Image]. (2012). Retrieved from https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/puppet-pals-for-iphone/id395844666?mt=8

5 thoughts on “Puppet Pals app

1. Thank you very much for the kind comments.
    I’m really glad that you found my blog post about Puppet Pals useful. It continues to be a real favourite and useful app!!

2. Thanks Michelle, it looks interesting – I think I’ll have to find some time on the weekend to have a play.
    Rachel

3. Pingback: Rachel's blog » Useful websites and applications

4. Pingback: Exploring ICT | Tiong blog